- 1 1/4 cup sprouted mung beans
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 6 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as oregano and flat-leaf parsley
In a medium bowl, combine beans and 3 cups warm water. Let soak 1 to 2 hours, depending on how soft you’d like the beans.
Have ready four 1-pint (2-cup) Mason jars or other jars with tight-fitting lids. Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar into each jar. Divide tomatoes evenly among the jars. Drain beans well and layer them in the jars along with cucumber and herbs. Salads can be refrigerated up to 3 days; shake well and enjoy.
Per Serving: 200 calories (15 from fat), 1.5g total fat, 20mg sodium, 33g carbohydrates, (10 gdietary fiber, 4g sugar), 14g protein.