- 1 (15-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes with garlic, oregano and basil
- 6 cups organic vegetable broth
- 4 ounces elbow pasta
- 1 (16-ounce) package vegan meatballs
- 3 cups fresh organic spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Bring the tomatoes and broth to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Add pasta, meatballs, spinach and Italian seasoning and cook until the pasta is tender and meatballs are cooked through, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and serve. Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired.
Per Serving: 310 calories (79 from fat), 9g total fat, 0.33g saturated fat, 3mg cholesterol,1400mg sodium, 34g carbohydrates, (5 g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 18.5g protein.