- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon plus pinch coarse sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes, plus more for sprinkling
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium summer squash or zucchini
- 1 pound whole wheat pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1 medium sweet onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted and chopped
Combine cilantro, parsley, mint, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt, chile flakes and 3 tablespoons of the oil in a food processor. Pulse just until herbs are chopped. Scrape down the sides of the processor. With the motor running, add 1 tablespoon water.
Using a vegetable peeler, shave squash in thin lengthwise ribbons until you have about 2 cups, with just the seedy core remaining; discard core or reserve for another use. Toss ribbons with remaining pinch salt.
Prepare a grill for medium heat cooking. Divide pizza dough into 4 equal balls. On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball out to a rough circle about 8 inches in diameter. Brush both sides with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and transfer to baking sheets or cutting boards and cover dough with kitchen towels or parchment paper.
Place dough circles 2 at a time on the grill and cook until bottoms are browned and charred in spots, 2 to 3 minutes, using tongs or a spatula to move and rotate crusts frequently. Transfer crusts, browned-side up, back to the baking sheets. Layer evenly with onion and squash ribbons, and drizzle evenly with herb mixture. Slide pizzas 2 at a time back on the grill. Cover grill and cook until bottoms are browned and vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes, rotating pizzas frequently. Sprinkle pizzas with pine nuts and chile flakes, and drizzle lightly with oil.
Per Serving: 380 calories (190 from fat), 21g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 700mg sodium, 44gcarbohydrates, (7 g dietary fiber, 5g sugar), 13g protein.