- 8 ounces salmon, cut into 2 portions
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or coarse sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
Preheat oven to 450°F. Brush both sides of the salmon with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place skin-side down on a small baking sheet and roast until salmon is just lightly pink in the center, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook until al dente, about 13 minutes, adding asparagus and peas in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta and vegetables and return them to the pot. Place over low heat and stir in tomatoes, crème fraîche, Parmesan and shallot. Remove and discard salmon skin; flake salmon into chunks with a fork and toss into pasta along with dill.
Per Serving: 640 calories (220 from fat), 24g total fat, 12g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol,310mg sodium, 76g carbohydrates, (11 g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 30g protein.