By Yuri Elkaim
An on-the-go snack that's easy to make, these 10 homemade protein bars are the perfect way to satisfy your tastebuds, your wallet, and your waistline.
Prep Time 10 min
Total Time 2 hr
- ¾ cup raw almond butter (smooth)
- ¼ cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup dried raisins
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 scoops Chocolate Pure Plant Protein powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (Lily's, Enjoy Life!)
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients until mixture is well combined, slightly moist and sticky. If omitting the protein powder, add 2 tablespoons more hemp seeds. If the mixture is not sticking together, add coconut oil by the ½ tablespoon, until a thick dough is formed. Form into a large rectangle on a large piece of parchment paper, pressing to an even thickness. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for one hour minimum, then cut into bars and drizzle with melted chocolate. Return to fridge until chocolate cools, then wrap individually, if desired.
- For best results, store in fridge and enjoy within one week. Or place in an airtight freezer container, and freeze for up to two months.