- 1 pound bow tie pasta, preferably whole wheat or spelt
- 1 ripe avocado , peeled and cubed
- 3 green onions, both green and white parts , chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 ripe Roma tomatoes , seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup packed chopped cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1/3 cup garlic-infused olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain, but do not rinse the pasta. Place hot pasta in a large mixing bowl. Add avocado, green onions, feta, tomatoes and cilantro. Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil and drizzle over the warm pasta. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm or cold.
Per Serving: Serving size: 161g-wt., 460 calories (160 from fat), 18g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 410mg sodium, 61g carbohydrates, (4 g dietary fiber, .5g sugar), 14g protein.