Whole wheat couscous with sweet fresh cherries, green onions and toasted almonds pairs delightfully with grilled salmon. It's bound to become a summer tradition when cherries are in season!
- 4 (3-ounce) fillets boneless, skin-on salmon
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice plus 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 pound cherries (about 2 cups), pitted and quartered
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Prepare a grill or grill pan for medium-high heat cooking. Grill salmon, starting flesh-side down and flipping once until just cooked through and opaque in the center, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to plates.
Meanwhile, put couscous, water and lemon juice into a large, heatproof bowl; cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and then set aside for 5 minutes to let cool slightly. Gently toss in cherries, green onions and pepper, and then scatter almonds over the top. Serve immediately, alongside grilled salmon.
Per Serving:400 calories (110 from fat), 12g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 45mg cholesterol,40mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (9g dietary fiber, 9g sugar), 27g protein