- 6 pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plain almondmilk
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Place dates and almondmilk in a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Combine dates, almondmilk, cocoa powder, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into 2 tall glasses.
Per Serving: 110 calories (25 from fat), 2.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol,135mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 16g sugar), 2g protein