- Juice of 2 lemons, about 6 tablespoons, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup orzo or riso pasta
- 2 zucchini (about 1 pound), cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, red or yellow, halved
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup roasted red or yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place 3 tablespoons lemon juice and water in a pan and heat over medium heat. When water is barely simmering, add chicken and cover. Simmer until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove from pan, cool and shred into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
Cook orzo in rapidly boiling water until just tender. Drain under running cold water, then set aside.
Combine cooked chicken, cooked orzo, zucchini, grape tomatoes, baby spinach, roasted red peppers and olives in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Add olive oil, remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper and toss to combine thoroughly.
Per Serving:300 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol,370mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 27g protein