- 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1 cup packed arugula leaves
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
Cook barley according to package directions, omitting salt. Combine barley, arugula, bell pepper, tomatoes and chickpeas in a large bowl.
Combine lemon juice, oil, salt and crushed red pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over barley mixture, and toss. Sprinkle with pistachios.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups barley mixture and 1 1/2 teaspoons pistachios
Per serving: Calories: 384; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 655mg; Carbohydrate: 60g; Dietary Fiber: 15g; Sugar: 8g; Protein: 14g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 435mg; Iron: 28%; Vitamin A: 27%; Vitamin C: 92%; Calcium: 9%