Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used 2% Fage)
- 1/2 tablespoon harissa (or other hot sauce of your choice; certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened brown rice cereal (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet or stone with parchment and a wire rack.
In a shallow medium bowl, stir together the yogurt and harissa until well-blended.
Place the brown rice cereal in a plastic baggie and pound/smash to crush. Once your cereal is crushed add it to a shallow bowl with the sesame seeds, parsley, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper.
Dredge the chicken tenders in the yogurt mixture, wiping off any access and then dip them into the brown rice cereal mixture. Roll until tender is covered completely. Place the cereal coated tenders on the wire rack on the baking sheet.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and chicken is completely cooked through.
Remove tenders from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 4 tenders
Per serving: Calories: 172; Total Fat: 2g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 47mg; Sodium: 585mg; Carbohydrate: 12g; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 25g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 323mg; Iron: 4%; Vitamin A: 1%; Vitamin C: 1%; Calcium: 6%
Original recipe published on Eating Bird Food