- 1 large ripe but firm red or green pear, halved and cored
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almondmilk
- 1/2 cup drained silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal or hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup ice cubes
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Place pear halves, cut-side up, on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Turn pear halves over and continue roasting until juicy and meltingly tender, about 10 minutes more. Let cool. Pears will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Combine pear, almondmilk, tofu, flaxseed and cinnamon in a blender and blend until smooth. Add ice and blend again until smooth. Pour into 2 or 3 tall glasses and garnish with pear slices.
Per Serving: Serving size: , 150 calories (50 from fat), 6g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mgcholesterol, 110mg sodium, 19g carbohydrates, (6 g dietary fiber, 9g sugar), 5g protein.